A table is a database object that stores data from external sources.
FeatureBase tables are similar to those in traditional relational databases:
- tables with columns
- columns with data types and constraints.
The first column is automatically created on all tables and serves as the primary key.
Table of contents
You can also create a table using a SQL CREATE TABLE statement then create tables and add data.
- Set up a FeatureBase Cloud account
- Learn how to create a database
- Learn how to manage tables
- Click Databases > database name > Tables to view tables.
FeatureBase identifiers (including object names such as databases, tables and columns) start with a lower-case alphabetic character and can include:
- lower-case alphabetic characters
- numbers 0-9
- table names can be up to 230 characters in length
- Click Create table.
- Select the destination database.
- Enter a table name and an optional description.
The table ID column (
_id) is used as the table primary key and must uniquely represent a record in your table.
|UI Type||SQL data type||Data source table unique key|
|Number|| ||Positive integer|
|String|| ||String key or a combination of columns used to create a unique key|
- Select the ID type.
- Click Create.