DECIMAL data type
Decimal is a numeric data type used with
|DECIMAL||Numeric data type ideally used for decimal numbers where the exact scale is known.|
|SCALE||Constraint that determines the number of digits of precision to store after the decimal point. integer value of zero or more. Defaults to two (2)|
- Values added to a column with DECIMAL data type are truncated to the stated number of decimal places.
- Users should round their values prior to ingestion.
- STRING values added to Columns with DECIMAL data type are parsed as floats where possible
- Aggregate and range queries work best with DECIMAL data types.
- Use STRING data type if you intend to run queries to group by or search for distinct values.
© 2022 Molecula Corp. (DBA FeatureBase). All rights reserved.