FeatureBase Community may exceed open file limits because:
- the database may be split into a large number of files
- these files may be open simultaneously.
Maximum file limits may be set incorrectly:
- for the current session
- for persistent sessions
Open file limit changes are affected by the following on MacOS:
ulimitdoes not behave predictably because limits change between releases.
- Open a CLI then run the following command:
launchctl limit maxfiles 262144 262144
You may also need to adjust the following kernel parameter files:
- Adjust file limits MacOS
- Learn how to troubleshoot MacOS “too many open files” error
- Learn how to change file limits on MacOS