When you choose to migrate data from one cluster to another, the destination cluster resources (HD size, memory and processor cores) can be:
- identical to the source cluster
- larger than the source cluster
Clusters cannot be migrated to systems with less resources than the source.
- Learn how to setup a FeatureBase cluster
- Learn how to estimate database resources
To avoid data loss, shut down:
- all nodes on the cluster to prevent write processes being interrupted
- all ingest processes on the cluster.
Do not attempt to stall FeatureBase ingest consumers by creating an exclusive transaction.
|Audit all processes currently running||e.g., ingest processes running on individual nodes|
|Stop all nodes||Manage FeatureBase services|
|Backup the source data||Backup the FeatureBase Cluster|
|Create target cluster||Create a cluster|
|Restore backups to target||Restore a FeatureBase cluster|
|Test target||Run test queries and verify results are as expected|
|Redirect traffic to target||Redirect query and ingest processes to the new cluster|
|Start all processes on target||Start the nodes, ingester and any other processes discovered in the audit|
|Clean up source||Backup the original cluster then tear it down|