A Shaped database provides a number of benefits, the most important of which is predictable pricing.
Database shapes define:
- How much memory is available
- how much disk space is available
- how many vCPUs) are available
In general, shaped databases have:
- overprovisioned disk space and memory to ensure best performance
- data replication should a node go down.
CPU and memory resources are bundled for easier billing. Choose an appropriate shape for your requirements:
A shaped database cannot be resized once created. Data must be migrated to a new database.
FeatureBase Serverless databases can be resized as required.
There are two ways to drop (delete) FeatureBase Cloud databases
- Delete database using Cloud API
- Delete database using Cloud GUI <!– commented out because this statement not supported as of October 2023
- DROP Database statement–>